mAadhaar app – lock or unlock biometric details
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launched an official app called mAadhaar app (for Android OS) to keep the Aadhaar details like name, address and date of birth etc on smart phones.
Download mAadhaar app from here
Steps to follow after downloading the app
- Install and open the app
- Create / add a profile (your aadhaar details) by either entering aadhaar number or scan your aadhaar QR code provided on the hard copy.
- You will get an OTP by SMS to your smart phone (it will auto populate the OTP from SMS) and click on verify
- Once authenticated, you can view your aadhaar card front and back side on the app
This app even provides some more features other than keeping the aadhaar details
To avail these features – Go to your profile [aadhaar card details screen] in the app
- Lock or unlock biometric details
Click on the right top corner (3 vertical dots) and click on “Biometric Settings“, check the box to lock biometric so no body can tap your details.
If you want to link your aadhaar card anywhere like with mobile number or while buying a new SIM, you have to uncheck to unlock the biometric and do a OTP verification, now you can link aadhaar anywhere you want with finger scanning.
- Show your aadhaar QR code to retrieve accurate demographic information like name, address etc instead of manually entering which may lead to mistakes…
Click on the right top corner (3 vertical dots) and click on “Show QR-Code”
you can scan the qr code to get details with any qr code scanner, even there are mobile apps like CS scanner app.
- Share your e-KYC data to anybody via any social media like whatsapp, gmail, share it or even you can save it in google drive for future reference.